RSS Feed

Whitney!

We accompanied MO last Wednesday evening to see Whitney Houston at the O2. I felt a bit of trepidation about the concert as Whitney has been slated in the press for being... how can I say it... cr*p. We arrived in plenty of time and after a dinner of bangers and mash we made our way to our seats. There were two support acts - the latter one being two blokes who came second in Holland's Got Talent!

Anyway Whitney eventually came on and began her last UK performance. Now I must admit I am not exactly a Whitney fan (unlike MO) but I do acknowledge that she can sing... it was just that she has lost her former glory. It has been said that she is a much better recording artist and it was certainly evident here. She was out of breath most of the time and couldn't hit all the notes. Towards the end she was certainly flagging. It also seemed to me that she tried to drag things out by rambling in between songs.

For me she was disappointing... but it wasn't unexpected.

MO's Rating: 5/10

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought the review would be more positive, she did a good job and i would pay to see her again