RSS Feed

Cape Town V - Part 6

The only thing... and I stress the "only thing" I regret about dining at Maze was that we were benefiting that scumbag Gordon Ramsey. I have loathed this prat ever since I saw a programme about him being one of the worst employers in the UK. This was of course before he became world famous. I am no way criticising his skill as a chef, purely as a vile and arrogant individual who treats his employees like sh*t.

Anyway I digress!... This was the first time we have ever had valet parking (a bit embarrassing considering we arrived in a Hyundai Getz). We were a bit early but this didn't cause a problem as we were shown to our table promptly.

The wine list was more like a wine tome! A thick ring binder was handed to us to make our selection - of course by the separate wine waiter (there was a separate waiter for your wine and different one who served our food). My starter was the crab cocktail which I must say was of a very high standard. N had the quail. For our main courses we both had fillet steak which as you can see from the photo above was served on a wooden board. The steaks were succulent and flavoursome. Dessert for me was a warm orange and chocolate fondant and for N was banoffee cheesecake.

The whole experience was very impressive and the service was of a very high calibre... however it was still blown away by the service at the Regency Hyatt in London (sorry Maze... you ain't that good!)

I would certainly recommend Maze and it made a fabulous evening for our 3rd wedding anniversary!

To be continued...

0 comments: