RSS Feed

Cape Town V - Part 1

Easter wouldn't be the same if it wasn't spent in Cape Town. This year we flew by Emirates via Dubai rather than the more expensive option of flying direct. The interactive entertainment and the food were excellent, the service great but unusually a bit disorganised. Anyway I'm getting a bit ahead of myself so I will rewind a bit...

We caught the bus to Heathrow and arrived rather early. This turned out to be rather fortuitous as the flight we were originally going to catch had been delayed so we were bumped forward to an earlier departure. N was a bit narked by this because we couldn't spend time roaming around the shops in Terminal 3 or eat a meal in TGI Friday which we were intending to do. Instead we literally had about 30 minutes to pile through security and jog to the gate (okay maybe "jog" is not the correct word to use). One thing I would say about Emirates are that their staff are more friendly and helpful than other airlines I could mention (hmmph BA)... although they failed to synchronise your drinks with the meals they served. On this trip I watched 3 inflight films:

1) Where The Wild Things Are
2) GI Joe: Rise of Cobra
3) Fantastic Mr Fox

After reading positive reviews of Where The Wild Things Are and the sheer fact that I had missed it at the cinema, I was looking forward to this one... Honestly though I thought it was utter shite. An obnoxious kid with anger management issues falls out with his family and sails off to an island whose terrain radically changes from desert to woodland to mountainous... meets up with some crappy looking monsters a bit reminiscent of the Banana Splits who throw rocks at each other and smash up trees and speak childlike drivel. Maybe I was missing the point but I thought it was CRAP and I'm not surprised it bombed at the box office. Rating: 2/10.

GI Joe: What a load of b*ll*cks this film was. Utterly no redeeming features at all. Some dick called Channing Tatum who couldn't act to save his life was the square jawed soldier hero. And what the f*ck was Christopher Ecclestone doing in this pile of pony? Some knobhead oriental bloke who dressed in white all the time, a heroine/baddie who just liked to look good... Oh god I don't want to go on. This film was f*cking awful. Rating: 3/10.

Anyway I'm going to cut it short for now... as it is time for bed. So you will have to wait until later to read the other review and what happened next.

To be continued...

0 comments: