RSS Feed

Iron Man 2


RDJ does it again! This guy is so charismatic that he fits the role of Tony Stark perfectly. With his colossal ego and his genius intellect it makes a formidable combination. I would say the film is on a par with its predecessor. Mickey Rourke is a trifle subdued and I'm not too sure that he makes a believable technical genius. I mean he looks as tough as ever and is covered in tattoos... doesn't quite sit right with me. Scarlett Johanson does bugger all which is just as well because I can't stand her. Sam Rockwell is brilliant as rival Justin Hammer... he comes over as a complete prat but you can see how he is trying to be like Tony Stark but can't cut it.
My main grievance with the film is that once again Iron Man is fighting other armoured drones / battle-suits... I want to see him fight a supervillian with contrasting powers.
You must remember to watch the after credits sequence at the end where you get a glimpse of Thor's hammer...!
Rating: 7.5/10 (not as good as Kick Ass)

0 comments: