RSS Feed

Doctor Who Christmas Special

I thought I would post a review of probably the best TV programme of the Christmas break. I must admit I had misgivings knowing that Catherine Tate was going to be in this episode however I was pleasantly surprised at how good she was. The plot was pretty daft but then when isn't it. David Tennant totally owns the part as The Doctor and in my opinion I believe he is by far the best Doctor there has been, his charisma is just right for the character. The effects were excellent especially the sequence where the TARDIS is chasing Tate in the taxi and of course the Queen of the Racnoss particularly stands out. The story was fast paced but it did leave space for The Doctor's pain at losing Rose. I liked the way he asked Tate to be his new companion and the way she refused... very good. All in all an excellent programme and I'm looking forward to the 3rd series (or 29th? if you are a Whovian purest). The preview was good especially seeing the Black Dalek that escaped from the last episode of series 2.

Rating: 8/10

0 comments: