RSS Feed

Guardians of the Galaxy



I had read a few OTT reviews about this film on AICN the other day so I was naturally intrigued to see things for myself.

So here we go...

Guardians of the Galaxy is a galactic space romp... a highly amusing film which has proven to be a very bold move by Marvel to expand their cinematic universe. The main characters are very quirky and highly original (which is refreshing to say the least).

There are several running jokes which made me chuckle: Peter Quill trying to get people to remember his alias: Starlord, Drax “The Destroyer” taking everything literally and Groot only ever saying “I am Groot”.

The actor who plays Ronan “The Accuser” (the main villain) is very reminiscent of Frank Langella's portrayal of Skellator in the B rate classic “Masters of The Universe”.

Josh Brolin makes a brief cameo appearance as arch baddie Thanos and Benicio Del Toro similarly as The Collector.

The only real negative is the formulaic plot which climaxes predictably as they always seem to do in these sort of films.

All in all an entertaining film and I would certainly recommend going to see it.

Rating: 7.5/10

0 comments: