RSS Feed

Deathtrap

I like whodunnits... they maybe corny - but I like them nonetheless. N and I booked tickets to see Deathtrap at The Noel Coward Theatre in London through Lastminute.com late last week for the matinee performance on Saturday. I could vaguely remember the film starring Michael Caine and Christopher Reeve and the infamous scene where they kissed which basically meant I had remembered one of the twists... of course I didn't tell N. No really of course I didn't!

I'm not going to explain the plot but I will say the acting was reasonably good. One of the actors was one of the stars from Glee (don't ask me which one because I wasn't close enough to see and I haven't bothered to check him out on the Internet).

Actually talking about not being close enough to see... we were not in the best of seats (probably explains the cheap tickets) and as the theatre was slowly filling up we noticed there were four empty seats in a much better position at the front of the balcony. Of course two middle-aged women who were sitting behind us also noticed the seats and rather than wait until it was obvious no one was going to occupy them they made their way down to them immediately. Much to my delight the people who had booked them turned up and there then ensued the humiliation of the two older women who then had to skulk back to their original seats. Did I laugh? You bet I did!

Anyway I would say Deathtrap is well worth seeing... and would heartily recommend it.

Rating: 8/10

0 comments: