RSS Feed

The End of Time

Of course the one time I most definitely wanted the Sky+ box to work - the b*st*rd thing fails... I swear to God at times there is a conspiracy against me to do the most basic of things that I really want to do... or in this case see. So... I ended up watching Part 2 of Doctor Who on BBC iPlayer. I loved the end of Part 1 where it was revealed that the Timelords were going to return and being led by Timothy Dalton no less. Part 2 featured some brilliant acting by David Tennant, Bernard Cribbens and John Simm and it was largely these three that held it all together. The plot as usual was a bit iffey but I loved it! The last 20 minutes or so dragged a bit and to be honest I was a little bit disappointed with the 10th Doctor's regeneration sequence (It wasn't as good as Ecclestone's!) It was a great idea to neatly draw a line under the Russell T Davis era and therefore give a clean slate for the new Moffat era. Long live The Doctor!!

Rating: 8.5/10

0 comments: