RSS Feed

Avatar

Apparently Avatar cost $300 million to make, 12 years to put together (most of that time inventing the technology to shoot it) and nearly 3 hours to watch... and do you know what. I wasn't that impressed. Don't get me wrong, the effects are truly amazing and I particularly liked the military vehicles etc. However the story was simplistic and the characters were unsympathetic. Why is Sam Worthington given great jobs? First of all we see him in Terminator Salvation, then this film and then early 2010 he is in Clash of The Titans... and do you know what? HE IS SH*T. He cannot act for toffee. Honestly I could do better. The actress that plays the love interest and the bloke who plays the baddie colonel are far superior actors.

All in all a great disappointment and to my mind James Cameron's weakest film. I think he got stuck up his own arse with all the technology to make it and forgot about entertainment, writing and acting.

Rating: 6/10.

PS. The 3D glasses gave me a headache too!

0 comments: