RSS Feed

"RBS board to quit if chancellor vetoes £1.5bn in bonuses"

"The directors of Royal Bank of Scotland have been given legal advice that they would have to resign if the chancellor of the exchequer were to block them from paying the bonuses they regard as essential to maintain the competitiveness of the group." -- Robert Peston (BBC News website)

So let me get this right?... a bank which has been rescued by the taxpayer due to the utter and total incompetence of it's management is demanding that it will have to pay huge bonuses to it's investment bank people in order to retain them!!! I am actually lost for words...

Success = Bonus
Failure = Bonus

I'm now going to go away and throw up...

Rant over.

1 comments:

Cricket said...

You know what this means, don't you. It means that shame is dead. I'm talking about healthy, reason-based shame that stems from regret and remorse. I am speechless. Let us all hold a moment of silence to mourn the passing away of human decency.