RSS Feed

Wanted

I had been intending to watch this film for sometime and when I finally noticed it was on last weekend I ended up missing the beginning. Anyway I stuck with it for a bit and after dozing off a couple of times (yes it was that good) I found myself wide awake during the scene with the derailed express train. What I couldn't get my head around was how we were supposed to sympathise with the hero (James McAvoy). He jumps aboard a train chasing after his family's killer with revenge on his mind. After a ridiculous firefight where the combatants can swerve bullets and several innocent bystanders are gunned down, the train ends up hanging off a bridge which seems to be about 5 miles up in the air. The gunplay continues... carriages full of more innocent bystanders plunge to oblivion. McAvoy is about to fall. His opponent saves him. McAvoy shoots him. Opponent reveals he is McAvoy's father (Darth Vader style) and he was trying to save him and NOT kill him. Opponent dies. McAvoy realises his mistake. What the f*ck? About 2,000 passengers must have lost there lives in the process!! Okay I know it is only film but please there must be some kind of credibility. What a load of sh*te!

Rating: 2/10... utter crap.

PS. Ange and the smug Morgan Freeman were b*ll*cks too.

0 comments: