RSS Feed

Death Race... Doomsday... Dreadful



I watched both of these films the other day courtesy of Sky Movies. What can I say both films are not exactly the greatest... in fact not to beat about the bush - they are shite. Which is a shame because in the case of Doomsday you have a great director (Neil Marshall) who directed the excellent Dog Soldiers, The Descent plus the forthcoming Centurion. Doomsday though is b*ll*cks. The story rips off Escape From New York, Aliens and Mad Max... and not very well either. But the biggest handicap must be the supremely untalented Rhona Mitra (see pic above), a woman so excruciatingly bad at acting my left foot could actually do better. I believe Rhona previously "starred" in one of the crap Underworld sequels replacing the equally banal Kate Beckinsale.
And as for Jason Statham... talk about "B" rate mediocrity. This bloke has had a serious charisma bypass. Basically, a balding thug... I really cannot think of any redeeming feature. Mind you I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night because I'm sure he can beat seven kinds of you know what out of me.
Once again I'm confronted with the same question... "How do these people get given these parts?"
Bizarre.

2 comments:

Dark Lochnagar said...

Aye, but at least Rhona would be a good shag. Mind you, so might he if you're that way inclined!

Cricket said...

I'm that way inclined, and I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. :)