RSS Feed

The Proposal

Every now and again I have to go along with what N wants to see at the cinema, which is fair enough because I do see all the films I like.

The Proposal falls into the above category so I will give it a go at reviewing it. First of all who the f*ck is Ryan Reynolds? I guess he is one of these pretty boy tossers who proliferate on my favourite TV channel E!... Oh good grief N has just informed me he is married to the equally objectionable Scarlett Johansson!! Anyway the film revolves around Sandra Bullock who is the bitch from hell boss who to save her skin as she is about to be deported from the US (she is Canadian) blackmails her assistant (Reynold's) into marrying her. Anyway to carry out the deception they fly off to see his family in Alaska and after the usual fish out of water scenarios they inevitably fall in love for real and the story naturally comes out. It all ends happily.

Actually in fairness it's not too bad and Bullock outclasses everyone else in it. This is definitely a chick flick so if you're going to see it then make sure you take your wife/girlfriend.

Rating: 5/10

0 comments: