RSS Feed

Post Office

I had the expensive task last Saturday of having to buy a new tax disc for our car. As the insurance was only just renewing I couldn't do it online and as we are off to Barcelona for the week I wanted to sort it out.


Firstly I went to our local PO and waited in the queue for a few minutes before being served. "Nope... we don't do car tax here - you have to go to the Post Office in the town centre" Okay off I go to the town centre. Get to the PO and the queue is right up to the entrance. There must have been about 3o people or so in line and 4 desks (out of 10 or so) in operation. I reckon the Post Office must employ the slowest people they can find... I'm not kidding if they went any slower they would be going backwards. It was UNBELIEVABLE! With warped fascination I stood there watching them. One halfwit girl actually stopped. Dawdled over to pour a cup of water and dawdled back again... then sat there fiddling with something on her desk before ever so slowly reaching up to press the button which gives the automated announcement "Next customer to position 4" or some such command.


What equally hacks me off is that you can't pay by credit card for a tax disc if you buy it from the Post Office (DVLA instructions apparently - another completely f*cking waste of space organisation) you can only use a credit card if you order it by phone or online... and then you cop a fee of £2.50. I'd like to see shops or other business' try that one on!


Rant over.


That's it for now... we are off to Barcelona so there will be a temporary suspension of Ranting but fear not. I'll be back!

0 comments: