RSS Feed

'My dreams have evaporated': Sharron Davies weeps after council approves 63-bed care home at the bottom of the garden of her £1.1m country house

"Olympic swimmer Sharron Davies broke down in tears today after losing a planning battle to stop councillors approving a huge care home at the bottom of her garden.


Former TV Gladiator Ms Davies moved into her dream £1.1 million, Grade-II listed mansion with her family just before Christmas.

But now the athlete, 49, and her neighbours have been left devastated following a council meeting which ruled that a multi-million pound unit could be built next to her land.

Mother-of-three Sharron has vowed to fight the case 'tooth and nail' and has consulted her barrister about challenging the councillors' decision through law.

She wept: 'I am very upset and disappointed by the decision. The whole thing has been snuck under the radar and it is so unfair.

'People think that because you are in the public eye you are loaded - but that is just not true. I could not afford to lose my deposit when I found out about it.

'I am a hard working single mum who has bought this beautiful family home in this lovely place - but that dream has now evaporated"-- Daily Mail website

I've ranted before about this woman (last year sometime)... and to be honest I couldn't give a sh*t whether her grievance is reasonable or selfish - it is just the bit that jumps out at me is "her dream £1.1 million, Grade-II listed mansion"

All that for coming second in a swimming race years ago!!!

Rant over.

0 comments: