RSS Feed

Afternoon tea at Luton Hoo

For the last two years N and I have had afternoon tea on or around Valentines Day... this year as N's mum was over we decided to have afternoon tea earlier and as we now have two new editions in the form of our twin daughters little "n" and little "p" also closer. Hence Luton Hoo.

I had heard of Luton Hoo but didn't know anything about it... so it came as a pleasant surprise to discover it is a rather large and majestic hotel near to Luton (surprise surprise). After a walk pushing the pram from the carpark to the main entrance we were shown to a very comfortable dining / lounge area.

We placed our orders and settled back for a relaxing afternoon. The quality was very good but still inferior to Claridges and the Regency Hyatt... and much to our annoyance if you wanted a sandwich replenishment it cost you another £6 each - which I thought was a bit much. Mind you consequently I didn't feel as stuffed as I had the last two times.

All in all I would recommend afternoon tea at Luton Hoo but if you want the very best you are better to face the trek into London.

Rating: 7.5/10

0 comments: