RSS Feed

MO's Leg (Part 2)

Actually this isn't really "part 2" more a re-visitation to "part 1" but from MO's perspective... so in his own words read on!...

On saturday, the 22nd of January,I was taken to hospital by ambulance with a suspected ruptured archilees tendon. My journey to hospital went smoothly until i got to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon.


On my arrival ( i was in a wheelchair ) , the nurse blurted out to the ambulance guy, " Can't he walk ? " The ambulance replied that i could not walk. The nurse then retorted, " not even for a bit ? We don't have any place to put that wheelchair ?" at this moment, i felt like getting up and leaving the hospital, of course this was impossible.

I was then wheeled into the waiting area where I was told that I would have a 3 hour wait to be seen. An hour into my wait, I managed to get one of the workers to wheel me into the disabled toilet, as I needed to go desperately. To my horror, the worker disappearred. It took me at least 5 minutes to manage to get someone's attention so as to wheel me back to the waiting area.

After 4 hours I was told that I would need a X-ray . I was asked if I had anyone with me as the hospital didn't have any porters to wheel me to the X-ray department. I never felt so alone and vunerable as I did then. The last time I had eaten was at least 8 hours ago, i had not been offered even a drink, I was freezing as I was wearing a shorts. All I could do was pray that this ordeal would end soon .

Eventually a porter was found and I was wheeled to the X-ray department. After that, things moved a lot quicker, the dr confirmed that it was indeed a ruptured archilees, and that I would be spending lots of time resting to get it healed.

TS,NH and her husband The Hammond came along to collect me. Even though i was still in pain, had a very bruised ego, I got very little ( if any ) sympathy from my friends- seems it was not serious enough to warrant it !
 
Thanks for that MO... now as you have a lot of time on your hands can you hurry up and write the next instalment - and with a few less spelling mistakes!

0 comments: