RSS Feed

The Dark Tower

I started reading The Dark Tower series sometime back and have so far completed four of the books in the seven volume series. Now I read that Stephen King's epic tale is going to be turned into three films and two TV series.

To be honest I'm not too sure about this. Like The Lord of The Rings it is an ambitious project but unlike LoTR it is a trifle weird in places and I am not convinced people are going to like it. A "weird" western is a great idea with portals that can transport you to different ages in our world... but psycho mono-rail trains called Blaine and references to other King novels maybe too much for people to absorb.

It is an entertaining read but it is also bloody slow and could easily be slimmed down. Hmmm... maybe I'll reserve judgement until it is released.

One last thing with regards to casting - definitely Viggo Mortensen as Roland Deschain... The Gunslinger.

0 comments: