RSS Feed

Sharron Davies

Okay... as Dark Lochnagar has previously said: "Hammond, you don't half watch some shite on TV" or some such phrase. I must admit I have had one eye on Dancing on Ice. I know, I know - I am a sad b*stard, but there is bugger all on a Sunday - that is my excuse.

Anyway what I am leading up to is "Olympic swimmer" Sharron Davies, who was booted off the above programme because the viewing public can't stand her. Everytime she appears on anything they make reference to her Olympic performance... from 30 years ago... when she came second... and the Americans weren't competing because the games were being held in Moscow. Now I know it takes years of practice to be at the top (or anywhere near the top) in any sport and I know I could not do any better... BUT... there has been a damn sight better British sportsmen or women that have done considerably better than her. Yet still she persists on TV. Sharron... you are mediocre.

Rant over.

0 comments: