RSS Feed

Barcelona (Part 4)

I don't like Zara... that is I don't like the clothes shop Zara. N first had trouble with them at a branch in London when they refused to honour an "incorrect" price on an item she wanted to buy. And then in Barcelona we discovered you ideally need a form of ID even when you are using chip and pin in a clothes shop. Note I said "in a clothes shop". Restaurants, metro tickets, tour bus tickets... not a problem. But clothes shops - Nope you need a form of ID. N got round it in two other shops but - NO - not Zara. Personally I would have told them to shove it up their arse and never go in one of their poxy shops again - but N capitulated and paid in cash.

We spent most of the day shopping (or rather N did) and we did a very long walk back along Diagonal to Placa de Catalunya.

Dinner was at a restaurant just off of La Rambla which seemed to be run by four Spanish prats and a dwarf... but it was good, which was what mattered!

And that was it. The next day we grabbed the bus back to the airport and arrived at least 10 degrees colder back in London.

1 comments:

Cricket said...

I love your Barcelona posts. My friends and I went there last January...it is beautiful. I'd go again in a heartbeat, even though while I was there I lost count of how many times my purse or backpack was unzipped, as I walked around, without my knowing about it. Still, it was a lovely place, and it had a Sephora, which is one of the stores in the USA but not in the UK, so I miss them.