RSS Feed

The Talk of Torquay!

N and I spent the bankholiday weekend down on the "English Riveria" at the seaside resort of Torquay - a town which I have visited twice previously in my 41 years. Once in the mid-seventies and once in the late eighties and to be honest from what I can remember it hasn't changed a great deal. The one new thing you notice when you arrive on the seafront is the addition of a bloody great helium-filled tethered balloon which for the extortionate fee of £14 each takes you up a couple of hundred feet into the air and presumably gives you a panoramic view of Torbay. I say "presumably" because we didn't go up on it!

Now a vital part of any weekend away is dinner and our first night's evening meal was eaten at a superb fish restaurant called Sea Spray. John Dory's all round and it was excellent.

Sunday we caught the ferry across the bay to Brixham and had a wander around the harbour for a couple of hours before making the return journey back to Torquay. Dinner this time was at The Mariners restaurant which although good was not quite in the same league at the previous night's. What marred things a little bit were the waitresses who were either very aloud or abrupt or forgetful or all three.

But... what I want to share with you are a couple of photos taken in Torquay of what I despise of most about my fellow countrymen. Shaven headed, football shirtwearing, tattooed, lowlifes... and that is just the women...

0 comments: