RSS Feed

The Sound of Music

Last weekend N, NS, TS, MO, JO, GO and I (that is me) saw the musical - The Sound of Music. We initially met up at Cafe Uno opposite Liberty's and just around the corner from The London Palladium where the performance would take place. N, NS, TS and I were munching through pizzas when the others arrived.

The performance was pretty good... not excellent but it helped that the songs are so famous and so iconic that it wasn't so notable. The weakest singer was the girl who played Maria - her voice seemed to lack power however this contrasted a lot with the woman who played the chief nun who powered out the couple of songs she was involved in. The set was impressive and I liked the way they depicted the mountainside on a tilting elliptical platform. The end reminded me of when I went to see - The Producers a few years back when swastikas and other Nazi decorations dropped down from the ceiling. I would recommend seeing it but I do think Wicked is better.

Rating: 7/10

My Musical League Table

1) Wicked
2) The Producers
3) The Sound of Music
4) The Lion King
5) Daddy Cool - Boney M
6) The Lord of The Rings
7) Billy Joel

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems a little more than I need to check the information, because I was thinking: Why does not my GLOG these things!