RSS Feed

A Sporting Sunday

I unfortunately missed the British Grand Prix and was naturally disappointed to hear that Lewis Hamilton failed to achieve an historic victory... I'm sure he will win it in the future. I did catch a bit of The Tour de France though. These cyclists have incredible fitness levels but the chances of doing consistently well at it seem next to impossible. Apart from the odd cycling hero like Lance Armstrong you seem to have a life of total obscurity doing it... very strange. Probably why there are very few British cyclists, British people want fame and loads of cash! Hence football... and no cyclists.

One sport that has no shortage of well paid superstars is tennis. Again I caught the last set of the Wimbledon men's final. Now I have absolutely nothing against Federer but you feel obliged to support the underdog... although in this case I couldn't - as what a sour faced longhaired tosser Nadal is.

Rant over.

0 comments: