RSS Feed

Cape Town VI - Part 2

I never realised Greece had an icehockey team... in fact to be honest I couldn't give a sh*t that Greece has an icehockey team. After a quick search on Google - I glanced at their website and noticed that they had lost about 20-0 to Luxembourg (of all places). They were also on their way to Cape Town for the Icehockey World Cup or some such tedious tournament... which is where we encountered them - on the second leg of our journey from Dubai to Cape Town. A group of rowdy BO smelling yobs who seemed intent on downing quite a number of beers. One of them ignored me when I asked him not to recline his seat in front of me when a meal was on its way... and I must admit I momentarily had the urge to remind him that he and his plate smashing companions should consider themselves lucky going on a trip abroad especially as they come from a country so bankrupt and financially f*cked as their's... I don't suppose any of them pay taxes because the Greek's can't be arsed to pay taxes and the wankers just expect to be bailed out by everyone else. As you can see... I DIDN'T LIKE THEM.

I only watched one film this time and that was: True Grit. Now this was the best film out of the three I watched. Jeff Bridges again - but unlike Tron: Legacy he was far superior in this feature. Matt Damon too was his usual sterling self - but the best actor by far was the 14 year old girl who hires Rooster Cogburn to hunt down her father's killer (Josh Brolin). I cannot recommend this film enough. Excellent. Rating: 8.5/10 or maybe even 9/10.

At long last we touched down in Cape Town and were greeted by my father-in-law JH and of course the B's (including little c and even littler a). It was off to the car hire place to pick up our vehicle.

To be continued...

0 comments: