RSS Feed

Monsters

Empire Magazine gave this low budget film 5 stars... not sure I would totally go along with that - but I must admit it was pretty damn good. Set at some point in the near future it follows a couple who have to cross The Infected Zone which spans the border between Mexico and the US. The Infected Zone is inhabited by huge octopus/jellyfish like alien creatures which were accidentally brought to Earth aboard a crashed space probe. It feels a bit like War of The Worlds but less dangerous and more character driven. The acting is pretty class although I'm not sure they totally engage you (if that makes sense). If I had been the girl I would have been pretty livid that the bloke had lost my passport in a drunken stupor after bonking some Mexican tart... she seemed a bit too forgiving to me! The thing that is astonishing though about Monsters is that the whole film cost about £2.50 to make. Impressive.

Rating: 7.5/10

0 comments: