RSS Feed

Cape Town (Part 4)

On to the reception!... and at last dinner (not that I'm obssessed with eating, but I do like my food). The evening went really well and Gavin (the groom) reminded all those present about N and me getting married in April (which was good of him). It's a weird feeling because I have now gained another family in another country and if you had asked me what would have been happening in my life 18 months ago I would never have guessed at the events that would come. It was just before midnight that we made our weary way back home and so to bed.

The next day N and I set out for Table Mountain... we parked up and made our way to the cable car station anticipating a potential 3 hour wait. But instead we discovered that we could walk straight on. Cloud cover was low giving the mountain its table cloth covering. The cable car itself was well thought out because you stood on a turntable which slowly rotated giving everyone inside a panoramic view through 360 degrees. At the summit we disembarked only to discover that the clouds were still obscuring the view (as you can see in the photo below). We walked around a bit, had a coffee and then... the cloud cover cleared and revealed the splendor of Cape Town and the surrounding area.

To be continued

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a nice time down there. I'm a bit jealous that you've been to Cape Town and I haven't but I console myself by knowing Melbourne (where I went last year) is even further south!

Anonymous said...

Yes but South Africans are much nicer than Australians!

Mark