RSS Feed

Pacific Rim

I must admit I do like giant robots fighting giant monsters (as barmy as that sounds). However I do appreciate decent acting and decent dialogue and Pacific Rim lacks the later. Apart from Idris Elba and the brilliant Ron Perlman everyone else pales into insignificance. I mean for chrissakes Sean Slater out of EastEnders - why the hell was he cast? And he was trying to put on an Australian accent and failing big time.

The robots or jaegars were very impressive and the carnage involved in the various combat scenes is top notch. The concept of two pilots in each jaegar who need to mind meld or "drift" is a great idea and adds depth to the story. I did enjoy the film but I did think it could have been better. It sort of reminded me of Independence Day but not as good.

Rating: 7/10

0 comments: