RSS Feed

The Hunger Games

I started off being impressed with The Hunger Games which did have an intriguing beginning - however as the story progressed I found it gradually turned into The Running Man spliced with Battle Royale (which were heavily plagiarised by the author).

Having said all that I thought the acting was pretty top notch and you do come away rooting for the heroine. It could have ended more on a downer but clearly two or three sequels are intended judging from what I've read about the books.

The only thing that did occur to me about the whole concept was why do the "rich" from The Capitol bother watching a TV programme so avidly about the "teenage peasants" running around a wood killing each other... but maybe I'm a bit of a nitpicker.

Anyway... I would certainly recommend seeing it and I'll probably go and see any further parts to the saga.

Right all I have to do is skim a few ideas other people have come up with... copy them and make a mint!

Rating: 8/10

0 comments: