RSS Feed

MO's Leg (Part 5)

I have just received the latest from MO. Read on...

So it is week 7 of the ongoing saga of my ruptured achillees tendon and not much has changed. My leg is still in a cast and I cannot put any weight on my leg so I hop along on my crutches. I am getting so frustrated of being unable to do even the simplest tasks. I managed to take a bus to hospital the other day ( unable to drive and I was too thrifty to spend another 6 quid on a cab ) and to my surprise a person that looked about 123 years old offered his seat to me. I was very grateful and thought to myself- I could get used to this.


Unfortunately I am not the only person frustrated with my condition as my friends seemed to have been less than eager to help me out. They seem to change the topic as soon as I discuss my leg and offers of cooking, cleaning and transport are a bit sparse at the moment.


This calls for a new strategy, now I am not to milk it, but needs must!


Strategy number 1 – never answer the phone on the first ring,


Strategy number 2 – switch the mobile off for a few hours (my mobile is never switched off)


Strategy number 3 – cry – surely no-one can help but feel obliged to do my washing up


Strategy number 4 – update facebook with lyrics from Whitney Houston’s “I didn’t know my own strength” each day.


We shall see how this strategy works, but I think this should give me a few weeks of pampering before I have to ... “ try it on my own “ which is another Whitney Houston song but more about that when the time comes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope this post makes it as the most popular post of 2011

Anonymous said...

I have another check-up today, let's hope it's good news !