RSS Feed

MO's Leg (Part 4)

More from MO...

It seems my injury left me at war with the NHS, so even though I ruptured my Achilles tendon on the 22nd of January, had a planned operation on the 10th of February ( which was cancelled) I finally got operated on the 15th of February.


I was bricking it, but I told myself to be strong and have faith (in me, definitely not the NHS). It took roughly 2 hours to get my leg fixed and put back into a cast. As much as I was relieved the operation went well and everything was ok, I felt a tinge of sadness. Was this the end of all the attention I was getting? Would I still be able to get my friends and family to do my bidding without even having to ask twice? This needed much consideration...

So I have a recovery of about 6 weeks, and I will need to make the most of it – it will never be the same after this! The strategy will be to always say “I am coping “but never am “I fine“. It’s my birthday in a few days time and I bet I will get an extra-special gift because of my leg. It makes sense doesn’t it?


So look out for the cheesiest face book/twitter updates.


Quote of the day, “I didn’t know my own strength”- a Whitney Houston song speaking about overcoming struggles in your life... how apt he he

So our suspicions are confirmed... It's all an act!

0 comments: