RSS Feed

The Expendables

This film was very reminiscent of the classic 80's action hero films - especially Commando (the end in particular) but I felt as if it lacked something. The dialogue wasn't great, the plot was very basic and some of the acting (ie. Dolph Lundgren) was appalling. I don't like Jason Statham - basically I think he is a sh*t actor with the charisma of a barnacle and there was simply too much of Statham in The Expendables. I actually think the film would have been better if it had JCVD and Seagal starring in it instead. Schwarzenegger and Willis are in it for about 2 or 3 minutes and there is a very funny line at the end of the their scene. Mickey Rourke is very good and in fact shows the others up. I like Stallone and he is likeable in his role as Barney Ross, leader of The Expendables but at no time in the film do you ever feel the characters are in any great danger. The villains are instantly forgettable and very 2 dimensional. What a shame... I was really expecting something memorable.

Disappointing.

Rating: 6/10

0 comments: