RSS Feed

40 is the new 30

As I write this post I have approximately 35 or so days until my 40th birthday. It just shows you how quickly time passes. I can vividly remember being a kid and doing the mental arithmetic to calculate that I would be 32 in the year 2000... and here I am 8 years on from that date that seemed such a long way off. But hey... all of us are getting older.

Friday evening was spent at "The White Horse" pub in Old Welwyn followed by a curry at "The Sagar" Indian restaurant accompanied by 4 work colleagues (actually 2 of them are former work colleagues). What's this got to do with approaching 40 I hear you ask?... well it made me realise that after 4 pints and a gin and tonic I now realise when to stop drinking. Older and wiser? Maybe.

24 hours later - N and I went to a joint 40th birthday celebration at the Social Club in Bricket Wood. There were a few people there that I hadn't seen for about 20 years and at one point it took me 3 or 4 seconds to realise who one guy was. Lack of hair catches you unawares. One frightening observation was the fact that virtually all the blokes there were wearing similar striped shirts including myself. Embarrassing? Well I would say the observer was wearing some ridiculous braces so I don't feel to bad!

Sunday morning and I spoke to my sister-in-law to wish her a happy 30th birthday... and of course reminded her that for 30 odd days we would be in the same decade...

0 comments: